Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Lasting Curse of Selfishness.

I am going to be giving a metaphysical talk with some demonstration of techniques and a short musical performance in the next few weeks in Zurich at a hall. Please email me or comment if you are coming so we have an idea of scale. Thank you to those of you who have already responded.



Dog Poet Transmitting.......

May your noses always be cold and wet.

“Hmmm... I see”, said the blind man. That ‘lucky old sun keeps moving along’ and we’re not standing still either. We’re all headed somewhere and... at the same time, it’s been said that, “you can’t step into the same river twice”. So, if we are all headed somewhere, it is my conjecture that your direction is determined by your intention. You are headed in the direction you want to go and that direction is populated with words and actions that add color to the movie of your life, in which you are the main actor. Shakespeare said this any number of ways and so did Jesus Christ, Buddha, Mohammad and many another. Most people pay little attention to this. It’s kind of like how people justify their selfishness by saying, “I’ll become generous as soon as I’m rich.” People forget that Bill Gates was the cheapest person on the planet with the most money, at the time the press got on him about it and he was compelled to start giving some of it away. Before that he was handing out the occasional five thousand dollar bequests, here and there.

Selfishness is like horse blinders. People act out with extreme callous disregard that they have ‘intentionally’ blinded themselves to because it gets in the way of self interest. I got a most amusing email yesterday. If people only knew how much of themselves they reveal in what they say, they would take more care with it. I’ll post the email at the end of this article because it is not to be missed for it’s amusing ‘tells’ as to intent and substance, along with various other things. It’s a classic example of those rare communications that add some variety to my day. Selfishness... yes, that’s the mother of all kinds of ills. Spiritually it’s a killer because it guarantees however many lifetimes as a lesson of the cost of it. That’s how reincarnation works but most of you are aware of that.

It never fails to amuse and mystify me. I shouldn’t say ‘amuse’ because the view is often tragic. I should say, ‘occasionally amuse’. Anyway, by turns, it amuses, mystifies and dismays me that people do not look directly into things, without bias, with pure objectivity, or Broad Daylight Awareness; that they do not see the law of cause and effect (as ye sow, so shall ye reap), which is no different than Gravity in its relentless predictability. We must rid ourselves of selfishness. It is, of course, fueled, focused and inspired by Materialism and we got that in spades, the kind of spades used to dig graves.

This is a principal that is taught in all the major religions and it certainly a tenet of metaphysicians, Hermetic Scientists and Right Highway Occultists that... that we must rid ourselves of self interest because the ineffable will not reside in or come near a selfish person. One has to understand that we smell. Meat eaters smell differently than vegetarians. Selfish people smell different than people who are not selfish. The ineffable has an incredible sense of smell. Who can smell out the truth better than the ineffable?

This all reminds me of a story I told once before. It has to do with the fact that people think because they do things in private and that they imagine there are no witnesses, there is also no witnesses and no crime. Then again, some of them won’t admit to the things they do being crimes in any case. Such a judgment interferes with the way they are accustomed to doing business. In extreme cases, when they have walled themselves off to the point that they have murdered their own conscience and become the habitation of demons, they are called psychopaths. Certain philosophical directions can turn one into a psychopath, such as Scientology, Talmudism and various new age beliefs that allow for rationalizing anything and also work to promote the personal self to the status of a God, while displacing the real authority. This is a serious crime, as one soon finds out, life being brief, relatively speaking and unimaginably long, should one be on a particular course.

The story takes place in a province of Islam. There was a teacher who had 3 disciples. One day he called them in and handed each of them a chicken and said, “Go and kill this chicken somewhere that no one can see you.” So they go off and soon enough 3 of them return but the third disciple is gone for some hours. Finally he returns with the still living chicken. The master asks him why he did not kill the chicken. He replies, “I could not because everywhere I went the chicken could see.” In a similar way, we never engage in anything when we are not a witness.

I have mentioned that “character is fate”. This I believe to be 100% true. How this works is that your character has a unique vibration and it attracts to itself and also repels what that vibration does and does not synchronize with. This is also the explanation for the idea that if you change yourself, you change the world. As I have pointed out any number of times; people using Tarot for divination are missing the point. Why would one prefer to get, at best, a partial picture of future possibilities, when they can change their fortune simply by proper meditation upon the major arcana, singly and in series?

I don’t want to denigrate people who look to the Tarot, as people also look to the I Ching, for advice on what ‘might’ be coming. I’m only stating how it works for me and everyone is free to use things as they wish and take the benefits and consequences as well. One thing I will add is that, inasmuch as the major cards are possessed of great power, in relation to the subconscious, reading the cards and photographing them with the mind’s camera, in their sequences and in tandem with whatever definitions you have placed on the cards, or accepted from the definitions of others, what you come up with is that the subconscious is impressed by your findings and actually goes to work on fulfilling them. Here is yet one more reason to opt for using these cards as meditation devices, the same way that you might use yantras and mandalas.

But we were talking about selfishness were we not? Unless one leaves their perceptions of themselves, of their false self, behind, no progress can be made. We do not know who we are. If we did, we would not create a false self in the first place AND... we cannot discover our true self in any other way than having it ‘revealed’ to us by our real self, which comes into residence once the false self has been evicted. These are things I am told and the reader is free to accept or reject them as they wish. My job is only to provide what I am told. My responsibility ends at that point.

I am not here suggesting that you take all of your material resources and give them away to the needy, as Christ himself suggested; Jesus said unto him, “If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.” What I am suggesting is that you serve as you go. Selfish people are unaware of all the opportunities presented to them, every day, to put aside selfish behavior. This is unfortunate for them. Those blinders are a hindrance indeed. However, any person paying attention will note the many opportunities that arrive each day; to be kind, to be positively informative, to cheer fearful hearts, to serve in all kinds of ways. This, taken seriously and employed consistently, will suffice for what is required of you.

I’ll close now with that email and a brief disclaimer first. A great many of you send me emails asking for assistance of some kind. Sometimes the response is immediate and sometimes not because I can be very busy at times and so on. I did not answer this impertinent fellow as swiftly and comprehensively as he might have wished but I did answer him and provided what counsel I could. This all happened several months ago and not as he describes it.

Today I get this communication from one Roland Martin which reads;


“Hello Visible,

I had been a frequent reader of yours up to a year or so ago. I was just reading today on dublinmick's blog, where a lot of my suspicions regarding you have been confirmed. I should have known that you were not for real after I requested help from you in a matter important to me and you did not answer me for days after saying you would help me, then when I contacted you regarding my self-resolution of the problem you said "Wow, I was just getting ready to write to you."

Yeah. Right. I should have been suspicious of you before by the way you attack anyone who even mildly questions your views; instead of discussion it is just attack, attack, attack until they go away. Also, being buddies with Mike Rivero is a dead giveaway that you aren't who you claim to be. Even those things would be okay with me, but the realization of your lack of care for your fellow man occurred when I was very emotionally down and out, wrote to you about it and instead of understanding, I got a diagnosis of bipolar from you. Upon learning that you are a person with no compassion and a huge ego, I have stayed away from your blogs ever since. I am looking forward to seeing more examples of your (lack of) character on dublinmick's blog (which isn't very obscure, by the way) and posting them on my own. I, unlike you, have a desire to help others. I hope I can help people avoid going through the disappointment I did.”




Of course, I did not respond in this manner but I do respond in this manner when one comes to me sneering and demanding in ways that are hard to understand. Any reader who has written me in search of help knows how I respond.

Yes... such things are rare and 95 to 99% of the time, it’s all positive, back and forth but these are some of the kinds that come around and to which it is practically impossible to formulate a response. My point in listing this item is, besides what some of what some of you might see while traveling abroad and finding negative mention of me, is to add to all of what has been said here today and that it is impossible to please everyone. I am not Jesus Christ and he certainly did not manage that. One must not be distracted by the dogs barking, when you pass through a town on your way to wherever you are bound. I’ll close with a verse by Omar Khayyam; “I sent my soul into the invisible, some letter of that afterlife to spell and by and by my soul returned to me and said, 'I myself am Heaven and Hell.'”


End Transmission.......

Sunday’s radio broadcast is available for streaming now.

Les Visible - The Album

Visible sings: Les Visible Album by... by Les Visible♫ All The Things That I Wanted ♫
'All The Things That I Wanted' is track no. 7 of 10 on Visible's eponymous
'Les Visible' Music Album

Les Visible : Released: 1 September 2002; Album Length: 42:33

Buy individual tracks for $1.00
- or buy the whole "Les Visible " Album for $9.00


Visible's new book,
The Curious Tale of Ash and The Whine

- 'A Novel of the Unnatural and Supernatural...'


Visible's 'The Curious Tale of Ash and The Whine'
...is now available to buy at Amazon.





Paperback: $27.00
Buy Visible's 'The Curious Tale of Ash and The Whine' from Amazon
Kindle Edition: $9.99
Buy Visible's 'The Curious Tale of Ash and The Whine', Kindle Edition from Amazon


More of Visible's books and songs are available through his Store.

25 comments:

Love To Push Those Buttons said...

Ya know, there is another way to be selfish. TIME! I don't give that away anymore unless I'd planned on it ahead of time, or if you are one of three individuals who I have an unwritten 'mutual rescue' contract with. I've never been selfish with material goods, but I swear! Considering the last couple of times someone invited themselves on a walk with me, I'm gonna say, "YO, MORTAL FLOTSAM. YOU HAVE JUST INTRODUCED YOURSELF TO THE MOT OBNOXIOUS INDIVIDUAL ON THE PLANET WHO CONSIDERS YOU A TIME VAMPIRE AND A LIABILITY. DO YOU STILL WANT TO TALK TO ME?"

I suppose if they say yes, I might let them. And will they regret it after we part ways?

(MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! If anyone has seen my blog, they know what I'm talking about. Hey! If they read the above capitalised sentence, they should know what I'm talking about.)

I prefer to pick my own slavery assignments (or random acts of kindness). I don't take kindly to them being imposed on me anymore. Well, I never did. I just don't tolerate that anymore barring extenuating circumstances. Physical Existence in itself is a form of slavery. I don't think I unconditionally owe myself to whoever comes by.

est said...

-
it seems, no matter how many times you say >
the answer is inside of you, verily

each and every one must question
your veracity and good intentions

it must be tiring to endlessly
repeat yourself over and over

but if even one hears you and is
prepared to act, you have succeeded
-

Visible said...

No, that is not a correction. He passed he passed. I wasn't discussing how he left. I swear... it never ends.

I'm not required to post endless minutiae everytime I make a statement. My commentary wasn't about Prabupad but about those clowns who took over.

Anonymous said...

re the email....yeah it's true...sometimes you are human...sometimes you are the man who attacks....and then other times you are something else entirely and the ring of truth is undeniable in what you write. why should it be otherwise? you are still living in this world and we know how that is.

the way i work through this is to understand the attacks are simply ego tests for the attackee...are you going to get pissed off or hurt by the words? then you are blind to the bigger message -- the whole point of the exercise we are engaged in.

i just bought 2 of your books....and have begun reading....reading between the lines for what is not so obvious...dion fortune wrote novels that contained occult information...i tried cracking those too.

i remind myself you are a man with a 3D body and brain....and sometimes you react to stimuli as a man. this comment may set you off or mean nothing to you...it doesn't matter. something else is at work and we all must rise above our human 'irritations and hurts' to move on beyond the reactive mind.

thanks for showing up
liz in los angeles

Anonymous said...

via Homer..

I imagine my being here has caused irritations for you, prabhu.

Bearing these in silence is testimony in itself. I realize you have fended off miscreants and ran interference for me. For this I Thank You.

Knowing how vicious and filthy at heart are the demons who indeed quickly show up uber-agitated at anyone's spiritual success and progress, to expect various exhibitions of covetous ungrateful behavior is akin to saying NO! to ungrateful children.
Boo-hoo! Boo-Hoo! (haha)

I believe the Srila Prabhupada commenter is honestly meaning to enlighten rather than demean. This is a very sore and sinister subject due to, once again, as the commenter pointed out via Srila Prabhupada - the demon miscreants and their dharma of himsa and envy.

All success and good health to you, prabhu!

Visible said...

Homer, you are indispensable here. I was reacting to the unpleasant tone in his delivery that I was almost somewhat responsible for concealing this fact. It had nothing to do with my point. I go racing around all day long. Sometimes I'm a bit hasty because I'm moving so fast.

Sure I react here and there but I told myself this is what I would do to keep the human element and not be over valued as to my importance to anything. I realize that's probably not the best approach. It will fade in time.

Visible said...

Nothings going to set me off Liz. I'm always engaged in purpose of demonstration and sometimes I am deliberately provocative in order to unveil positions I believe are being concealed. The following responses tend to bear this out.

Ray B. said...

On selfishness:

Whenever I hear talk about selfishness, forgiveness, and such, I am always drawn back to a non-fiction book I read on the origins of King Arthur. (Sorry, I don't remember the title after all these years.) This book sets the protagonist in Wales at the beginning of the Anglo-Saxon invasion. It is massively believable, citing period Welsh-language texts that have sat untranslated over the ages. There are even period genealogical-trees of everyone involved. Impressive. (And don't throw out what follows based on your own ideas of who/what/where Arthur was. Let this side of it be...)

Anyway, what comes up for me out of this book is related to our higher values and how they can be used. In the tale, an early Anglo-Saxon army has just been defeated in Wales, and their leaders have been brought before Welsh leaders (pre-Arthur leadership) to be judged and probably killed. The A-S chieftains appeal to the Christian Welsh leaders for forgiveness and mercy, citing all the right Christian ethics. The Welsh leaders, moved by this appeal to their faith, simply banish the A-S chieftains.

Some months go by, and all the Welsh leaders and their older sons are invited to a peace conference by the A-S chieftains. Only leaders from both sides, unarmed, in a neutral field. It is agreed.

Well, after some greetings at this conference, the A-S leaders produce hidden knives and a desperate brawl occurs. In the end, all the Welsh leaders and their older sons are slain. The Welsh nation's leadership has been wiped out in one stroke (pardon the awful pun). Some native Welsh of today know where this field is, and go to it to honor their dead...

I was deeply affected by this tale. I take it as a cautionary one. The bad guys know how to appeal to higher principles for their own advantage. The A-S chieftains were probably plotting the deaths of the Welsh in their minds as soon as they were shown mercy. We may all be one, but sometimes it is necessary to be selfish and unforgiving. Read your opponent's heart, and do what is appropriate. (Unless you are a really-high soul, and can literally change your 'opponent' from within.)

Just my take. Always check with Higher Self, not just scriptures...

Best Wishes,
Ray B.

Ray B. said...

This section of a paper by Wes Penre has attracted my attention, and may provide the 'underpinning' for the belief of some elder religions that the world has always been 'evil':

"I want to add one little thing here when comes to 'conspiracies'. We are often talking about a New World Order that is about to be implemented and a cabal that is working hard to take over the world. This part of it is false; something I think it's time that we realize. The idea of a 'taking over the world' by some dark cabal coming closer and closer is more alive now than it's ever been amongst conspiracy researchers and truth seekers. The truth of the matter is that the world is already taken over. We have been slaves under a global cabal since the beginning of mankind. Sometimes there has been internal fighting between factions of this cabal, and countries and empires have changed owners (still within the same bloodlines, however), but they have always been in control on a global scale. So those who are waiting for the cabal to take over the world are waiting in vain; they have always been in charge."
...
And how to get out of it:

"In the future, there will inevitably be a 'splitting of worlds', where people will live in frequencies so different from each other that they will literally live on different versions of Earth, where those of the lower vibrations can't perceive those of the higher. But it will be a slow, gradual process that has already started and is happening right now and you are contributing by changing your thought process and your intentions. We can't accomplish anything that great for ourselves if we don't know what is going on around us. Information is the key! Then after that, change will occur. When people realize they live as slaves to a clique of super-rich people, run by invisible, interdimensional forces, they can start changing their pattern and dream up new realities ... The splitting of worlds is very, very real, and more people than we think are slowly but surely breaking away from the insanity around them ... The first thing that happens is that we mentally start breaking out from the insanity, and eventually action will follow and most of the time it will come naturally."

Food for thought...

Best Wishes,
Ray B.

Hank said...

Selfishness is a means of starving the essence of who you are or could be to death. It slowly but surely deprives your character of all meaningful content. The problem is, I think, that so many do not understand the process of giving and the nature of it's reward.

The old saying that 'the gift is in the giving' is not correct. The gift of giving is in the acceptance. That is, if you give a gift of some kind to someone and they don't accept it, or take it without any form of gratitude, the joy of the giving is lost, and the knowledge that you have actually enriched your own soul by the giving is little consolation to your heart.

You see, there is a certain selfishness in giving too because it is the rare person who can give without the desire for the acceptance of the gift and thereby the joy. I myself am guilty of this particular selfishness even knowing what I know. I am after all afflicted with the human condition and have a desire for a full heart.

There are also certain kinds of giving that disguise themselves as burdens, and we end up being selfish without intent. Let's say you are walking through the park and you see someone on a bench by themselves and they are weeping. What would you want to do? Whether you allowed yourself to or not, most would 'want' to go sit and ask if they could help. Let's say then that you did sit and ask, and this stranger opened up and unburdened their heart to you. You listen and interact, perhaps with advice of maybe just a shoulder to cry on and in the end this stranger thanked you for helping and caring enough to stop. Now....how do you feel? If you are like me you would feel good. The question then would be, why do you deprive others of the gift of this good feeling by not being willing to share your burdens with them?

A strange process this selfishness thing. You can be selfish by giving and giving by being selfish by taking up someone's time.

May peace find you all.

Ray B. said...

In a different Wes Penre paper, I found something I thought Vis would like (grin):

"The plants feel what you do to, and for, them. If we treat a plant with respect, it communicates back to us; the same thing with stones and bones. By connecting with nature, from which we are coming, we can reenergize ourselves and realign with Terra as an intelligent being. Most people today unfortunately have forgotten how to do this. Also, nature has its own 'mind expanders', which we are meant to use under controlled forms. Those who rule our world today know this very well and don't want people to try these things and therefore classify such plants and herbs as 'drugs', telling us they are dangerous and must be outlawed to the extent that those who use them may go to prison. The Elite, however, use them extensively behind the scenes and probably laugh at our stupidity when we think they are denying us this important part of the Living Library in pretense that they care about us. If people start taking mind expanders, they will get answers to some of the mysteries of the Universe, and that is something our leaders don't want us to do. And God forbid! We may also find out what they are doing to us behind the scenes. Big no-no!

Be open to that nature has its own things growing that can help us expand our consciousness, and it's okay to use them as long as we don't abuse them."

(Lots of things I didn't know in this series of papers. No idea whether the 'history' part is more fact or sci fi, but interesting reading...)

Best Wishes,
Ray B.

wendyworn said...

I am a new reader and I am amazed at how much your blogposts really resonate with me as I am such a beginner in understanding the whole grand picture of spirituality. whether or not this man is right or wrong in his accusations are irrelevant. the truth is - there are just toxic people out there and I suppose if there weren't we would never grow. God bless you for your insight into spiritual matters

Anonymous said...

Jesus did indeed tell the 'rich young man' “If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.” However, this was counsel offered to one individual who was in a particular materialistic snare. It should not be seen as advice applicable to everyone in all circumstances. Jesus has nothing against the material world in itself; indeed, Christians believe that he was the agent through whom the whole shebang was made, for our benefit.

Anonymous said...

Dublin Mick the tireless promoter of the Hilter in Argentina Jew Lie and other kosher booga-booga. Oh well, Visible. Addition by subtraction. Be well. Can't make it to Switzerland. Maui more doable.

Visible said...

Knock knock...Hello? Isn't this the first sentence of my comment on that (grin)?

"I am not here suggesting that you take all of your material resources and give them away to the needy, as Christ himself suggested;"

As for him not finding anything wrong with the material world well, I can find a hundred comments by the master that go contrary to that claim.

Not wishing to be contrary here, "just the facts Mam"

Visible said...

Knock knock...Hello? Isn't this the first sentence of my comment on that (grin)?

"I am not here suggesting that you take all of your material resources and give them away to the needy, as Christ himself suggested;"

As for him not finding anything wrong with the material world well, I can find a hundred comments by the master that go contrary to that claim.

Not wishing to be contrary here, "just the facts Mam"

Visible said...

1900 AM (1900 AM?) Well done! I was coming in this morning to make mention of something but I waited through the day to see if anyone caught the actual reason for my putting that comment by Roland up.

If no one had I was going to say, "Think back a few months to someone coming here and getting all twisting apologetic in weird fashion and turning about their unfortunate mention of me and low and behold! He's still doing it."

Not only that but you rang the bell twice. Those are the very reasons he is after me. Heh heh. Can't make Maui at the moment, very speculative and filled with mysterious potentials of unknown direction; maybe in a bit.

Visible said...

Yes, that is exactly what our leaders don't want.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh, one thing further about the comment made to me by one Roland. That was all by design. I wanted to call attention to it by not calling attention to it but it's best I just say it. There was another mind at work behind the mind that sent it to me.

Anonymous said...

Here’s an interesting question for Mr. Ineffable: What do babies dream about?

When I ask Mr. Google that question, some bozo in a white lab coat replies:
http://www.livescience.com/33702-babies-dream-sleep.html
I was surprised to learn that babies spend twice as much time in REM sleep as we larger-sized humans do.

Mr. Labcoat tells us that all their extra eyeball twitching (which in our case means erotic fantasies and other stuff) means … absolutely nothing.
"If an organism gives evidence that it can perceive a reality, then we are prone to imagine that it can dream one as well,"

Since becoming a Les Visible junkie I’ve loosened my own white labcoat a bit and have opened my mind to other dimensions of life: the one I was in before I was born and the one I’m headed to after these eyes stop twitching.

I hope to have grandchildren soon and if I am so blessed, I’ll make sure to note their twitching and dancing with Mr. Ineffable.

These blogs are a treasure … thank you Mr. Visible!

Peter

Visible said...

A new Petri Dish is up now-

Big Trouble in Little Japan and other Things.

Anonymous said...

Dear Visible, been out here in Hawaii since Fukushima. Used to expect to start coughing up blood but the fear has completely left me and health is fine.

Interviewed a young woman from Fukushima on Monday. She seemed a picture of health.

I'm almost entirely convinced the nuclear thing is a hoax of some kind. VERY, VERY Kosher from the start and the source of MAJOR money streams.

Visible said...

Id that is the case it would prove very interesting. Someone told me that the tradewinds had stopped blowing in Hawaii.

Ray B. said...

Anonymous , February 26, 2014 6:47:00 PM

"...been out here in Hawaii since Fukushima. Used to expect to start coughing up blood but the fear has completely left me and health is fine."

Good. The radiation scare across the Pacific is completely bogus. The dilution factor is incredible. It is a big ocean and atmosphere.

"I'm almost entirely convinced the nuclear thing is a hoax of some kind."

This would be a good time to go across to the J1m St0ne website and peruse Fukushima details, since it is back at the top of his main page. It IS a hoax; read about how/why there. I am an engineer, amongst other things (grin), and his analysis makes perfect sense. Again, read and reflect...

Best Wishes,
Ray B.

Anonymous said...

Dear Visible, the trade winds are less steady which makes for more humidity.

The other Japanese I meet are all also looking very normal. 3+ years downwind of Fukushima in Tokyo with all that "radioactive" rain ought to have had more of an effect.

I never watched all of Galen Windsor's talks on the nuclear myths but with Baruch taking charge of the first Atomic Energy Commission that likelihood that we've been bullshat, once again, is very high.

Visible said...

I'd like to add a cautionary note. It's not meant as criticism so much as a simple heads up because he may well be 'somewhat' right about his claims. Still, I have perused enough of his work to know that he is a bit of a sensationalist. I note the signs. This is in no way intended to detract from whatever may be legitimate there.





BOOKS, MUSIC, VIDEO


FEATURED READ-

Zionism, 9/11 and The War on Terror Hoax




Visit the recommended reading page for many more.





FEATURED MUSIC-


'Materialism' from the Les Visible Album
Mr. Apocalypse is Coming



Visit the Blog Music Page
to stream all of Visible's music for free
(purchase is always appreciated but entirely optional)





FEATURED VIDEO-


A classic Visible post:



With gratitude to Patrick Willis.

Click here to watch and comment on Vimeo and here to read the original text.



Visit the Blog Videos Page for many more.